Care & Maintenance
Kingstone Quartz Surfaces are non-porous and highly resistant to stains and penetration of spills into deeper layers of the surface. As such, Kingstone Quartzis very simple to clean, care, and maintain.
Just use water, dish soap, and paper towel or a damp sponge to absorb any spills after food preparation. If needed, use any non-abrasive cleaner such as Formula 409, Lysol, Windex, and Fantastic to wipe away any excess. Be sure to dry the area thoroughly with a clean cloth.
1. Leave any of the above cleaners to sit on the affected area for a few minutes;
2. Soak the affected area with pads of paper towels for 5 to 10 minutes;
3. Scrub the area gently with a non-scratch pad such as Scotch Brite pad in circular movement;
4. Rinse with clean water thoroughly;
5. Dry thoroughly.
For even tougher spots, use Soft Scrub Liquid Gel (with or without bleach). Leave the gel to sit on the affected area for a longer time and follow the same steps above. If needed, apply Windex streak free as the final step to clean any gel residue.
REMOVING ADHERED MATERIALS
(gums, nail polish, paint, etc.)
1. Scrape the surface with a plastic putty knife or a razor. Kingstone QuartzSurfaces are very hard and will not
be harmed by razor edges.
2. Rinse with clean water thoroughly;
3. Dry thoroughly.
4. Any gray marks left by the blade can be removed with Soft Scrub Liquid Gel.
5. If necessary, use Windex streak free to clean any gel residue.
HONED, LEATHER FINISH
Honed and leather finish surfaces require more daily maintenance than polished surfaces. Finger prints, wet spots, metal marks, and other signs of daily living show more on these types of surfaces.
Apply the same cleaning guidelines with more frequency and gentler cleaning movement. If necessary, use Soft Scrub Liquid Gel to remove any difficult spots.
Honed and leather finishes are not recommended for high traffic areas.
1. Do not apply any sealer. Kingstone Quartz does not need to be sealed.
2. Do not use abrasive scrubs. Always use non-scratch pads such as Scotch Bride pad.
3. Do not use harsh chemicals, or abrasive oven and plumbing cleaners (Drano, Easy OFF, and Liquid Plumber). These chemicals will dull the surface finish.
4. Do not use products containing oils or powders because they leave residue.
5. Do not use knives directly on the quartz surface. Always use a cutting board.
6. Do not place hot pots, pans, or electric skillet directly on the quartz surface. Always use trivets or hot pads. Extreme heat may cause thermal shock and crack the surface in long term.
7. Minimize direct sun exposure to Kingstone Quartz Stone. Long-term exposure to direct sunlight may discolor surface finish.
8. Kingstone Quartz is only for interior applications.
Kingstone Quartz is made to be a carefree surface, but as with any product, excessive abuse and undue harm can damage Kingstone Quartz finish. With a little amount of dedication and care, your surfaces will
last for years to come!